miércoles, 17 de enero de 2018

Wooden Puzzle - My first Amazon Sumerian Game

If you read my previous blog Amazon Sumerian - First impressions you will know that I wouldn't stop there -;)

I have been able to play a lot with Sumerian and most important...to learn a lot...the tutorials are pretty good so you should read them even if you don't have access to Sumerian yet...

Once thing that I always wanted to do...was to animate my Cozmo model...that I did on Blender...


I tried doing it on Blender (rigging it and doing the animation but it was getting weird as it worked fine on Blender but not on Sumerian...now I know why...but at the time I got frustrated) but failed...so instead I thought on doing it on Sumerian using its tools...

I gotta admit...at first it didn't worked...but then I kept exploring and realized that the Timeline was my friend...and after many testings...I got it working -;)

Here is how it looks like...


So just go to Cozmo and click on the robot to start the animation and then click on him again to restart the animation...

Simple but really cool -:)

After that...I start thinking about doing something else...something more interesting and this time involving some programming...which is actually JavaScript and not NodeJS like I though initially -:(

Anyway...I tried to do that once in Unity and also in Flare3D, but didn't had enough luck...although fair enough...by that time I didn't knew Blender...so I put myself into working on it...


I designed a Wooden Puzzle board using Blender and then imported into Sumerian and applied a Mesh Collision to it...that way...the ball can run around the board and fall down if it gets over a hole...

Here is how it looks like...




To play...simple use the cursor keys to move the board and guide the ball from "Start" to "Finish". Pressing "r" restarts the game.

Here's the link to play it "Wooden Puzzle"...

Was it hard to build? Not really -:) Sumerian is very awesome and pretty powerful...on top of that...the Sumerian team is really nice and they are always more than willing to help...

So far...my Sumerian experience had been nothing but joy...so I can see myself doing more and more projects...

Of course...I'm already working on a couple more -;) Specially one involving using Oculus Rift...but that will take more time for sure....as I need to do a lot of Blender work..

Have you tried Sumerian? Not yet? Why don't you go ahead and request access?

Greetings,

Blag.
Development Culture.

No hay comentarios: