miércoles, 7 de mayo de 2014

Game Development with Three.js - Book Review

Last week I wrote a review about Learning Three.js: The JavaScript 3D Library for WebGL - Book Review and I said that I was going to read another Three.js book and write a review about it...well...here it is -;)

Well...the book is not so big...just 118 pages...but that's fine...the other book was too big...



It starts with a nice introduction to Three.js, so you can get comfortable with it...comes with some nice examples and even a First Person Shooting game...which sadly...it's not deeply explained so you need to download the source code and try to make sense of it...



To be honest...and maybe I'm becoming grumpy...I wouldn't buy this book if I haven't bought it already...the examples are good enough to give you a sense of what you can do with Three.js but not really good to actually teach you how to do real games...what I mean is...I would have preferred to have several small games showcasing the capabilities and techniques that can be used...instead of an already made FPS game....

I'm not sure if there's more Three.js books out there...but...I don't think I'm going to go any further learning it...no matter how good and awesome it is...without a book like I want...I don't see much of a point on spending a lot of time learning it...and sure...maybe it's because I'm not really a JavaScript guy...but that's just me...

Greetings,

Blag.
Development Culture.

No hay comentarios: